Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are the Vines Gay?
The Vines Message Board > The Vines > The Vines General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
6ix
and it's ok if they are, I guess, but I just wanted to know...

I heard two of them are gay and two are straight but I'm having a tough time figuring out who is who, maybe one of you insiders can set me straight, so to speak...
Publicly Displayed Name
no, i dont think they are. Ive never heard those rumors.
marilyn_monroe
What an awesome topic!!! This really made my day laugh.gif

No insults to the person who started this thread...just imaging them gay laugh.gif nothing is wrong with being gay at all, but they are so "ungay" to me
stalkerchick_27
I going on what Publicly Displayed Name said I don't think they are gay and it's just rumors, so yeah.
glitteratiesque
oooh...Vines Man Love....I'd like to see some of that wink.gif
stalkerchick_27
oh yeah laugh.gif
Publicly Displayed Name
QUOTE(marilyn_monroe @ Mar 28 2005, 01:32 PM)

No insults to the person who started this thread...just imaging them gay laugh.gif nothing is wrong with being gay at all, but they are so "ungay" to me

that reminded me of that seinfel episode where they kept saying that they werent gay then saying "not that theres anything wrong with that" or "its a perfectly fine life choice"
Brush
QUOTE(marilyn_monroe @ Mar 28 2005, 07:32 PM)

*agrees*
laugh.gif
Feedums
QUOTE(glitteratiesque @ Mar 28 2005, 07:59 PM)
oooh...Vines Man Love....I'd like to see some of that  wink.gif

Thank you for planting that image in my head. *hugs*
glitteratiesque
QUOTE(Craighead @ Mar 29 2005, 12:08 AM)
Thank you for planting that image in my head. *hugs*

You're very welcome.

I wish they'd display their love and affection for each other more often...The Strokes do, leaving me satisfied with a bunch of man-love photographs for keeps. Why don't the Vines??? mad.gif Bastards.

little_washu712
I seriously give up.
maryjane_33
I definitly dont think, but i wouldnt mind if they kissed once in a while biggrin.gif
6ix
QUOTE(glitteratiesque @ Mar 28 2005, 04:16 PM)
I wish they'd display their love and affection for each other more often...The Strokes do, leaving me satisfied with a bunch of man-love photographs for keeps. Why don't the Vines??? mad.gif Bastards.

Well I once saw a picture of one of the Strokes guitar players kissing Craig in a dressing room and I thought, well you never know... and I heard Ryan and Craig were really close friends, and you know how that can turn out sometimes, experimenting and all. You just never know how these people really are...
maryjane_33
QUOTE(glitteratiesque @ Mar 28 2005, 08:16 PM)

Ya! Thats exactly what I think, I love it when things like that happpen, like Conor and then when Bert and Gerard Hug! I love it!
kaleidoscope_eyes
QUOTE(glitteratiesque @ Mar 28 2005, 07:59 PM)
oooh...Vines Man Love....I'd like to see some of that  wink.gif

Ditto.
marilyn_monroe
And where is this picture of a strokes guitarist kissing Craig in a dressing room?? huh? wub.gif
Maxwell Demon
QUOTE(marilyn_monroe @ Mar 28 2005, 05:08 PM)
And where is this picture of a strokes guitarist kissing Craig in a dressing room??  huh? wub.gif

hes not kissing him
hes licking him

haha

slutty Albert...
Maxwell Demon
user posted image
Maxwell Demon
anyways theres no real evidence of any of them being gay
all of them have talked about being attracted to women
but, they also all (except for Patrick) have said some things that I guess you could try to use as evidence that they have a thing for men

But, alot of straight guys do that....just like alot of straight girls will mention if they think a girl looks hot...yeah

I really don't know where I'm going with this
The thing is theres a few pictures of the vines with them all over each other, there are few funny homocentric quotes from the band, theres the fact that Craig and Ryan became friends in an all boy school (which is where you hear about alot of homosexual experimentation happening), and just the plain old fact that Craig acts....very...affectionate and effeminate in alot of pictures and videos you see of him with the other members adds up to a whole arsenal for people with creative minds to use.

tongue.gif

I pretty much doubt any of them are homosexual. They just seem to get along...
The Nirvanas
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 28 2005, 07:33 PM)
anyways theres no real evidence of any of them being gay
all of them have talked about being attracted to women
but, they also all (except for Patrick) have said some things that I guess you could try to use as evidence that they have a thing for men

But, alot of straight guys do that....just like alot of straight girls will mention if they think a girl looks hot...yeah

I really don't know where I'm going with this
The thing is theres a few pictures of the vines with them all over each other, there are few funny homocentric quotes from the band, theres the fact that Craig and Ryan became friends in an all boy school (which is where you hear about alot of homosexual experimentation happening), and just the plain old fact that Craig acts....very...affectionate and effeminate in alot of pictures and videos you see of him with the other members adds up to a whole arsenal for people with creative minds to use.

tongue.gif

I pretty much doubt any of them are homosexual.  They just seem to get along...

Well i don't get it, I don't know what are you talkin' about, i'd never seen anything that made me think that they are possibly gay.
well over here is very hard to get anithing of them. mad.gif sad.gif (crying face too)
Maxwell Demon
QUOTE(The Nirvanas @ Mar 28 2005, 05:59 PM)
Well i don't get it, I don't know what are you talkin' about, i'd never seen anything that made me think that they are possibly gay.
well over here is very hard to get anithing of them.  mad.gif  sad.gif (crying face too)

lol why are you angry?
little_washu712
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 28 2005, 05:33 PM)

The thing is theres a few pictures of the vines with them all over each other, there are few funny homocentric quotes from the band, theres the fact that Craig and Ryan became friends in an all boy school (which is where you hear about alot of homosexual experimentation happening),

hahaha. When I first heard they went to an all boys school I thought that too. laugh.gif
Maxwell Demon
QUOTE(little_washu712 @ Mar 28 2005, 06:22 PM)

hahaha. When I first heard they went to an all boys school I thought that too.  laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Catholic school boys wub.gif
little_washu712
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 28 2005, 06:25 PM)
laugh.gif
Catholic school boys  wub.gif

ohmy.gif Please stop it! I can't handle it!!
Maxwell Demon
QUOTE(little_washu712 @ Mar 28 2005, 06:28 PM)

ohmy.gif Please stop it! I can't handle it!!

hahahaha
can't handle what?
little_washu712
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 28 2005, 06:31 PM)
hahahaha
can't handle what?

ph34r.gif
maryjane_33
QUOTE(little_washu712 @ Mar 28 2005, 11:36 PM)
ph34r.gif

ninja time
girl with the golden touch 89

But, they also all (except for Patrick) have said some things that I guess you could try to use as evidence that they have a thing for men

I have Never heard, seen or read any "evidence" of them being gay!

Maxwell Demon
QUOTE(girl with the golden touch 89 @ Mar 28 2005, 10:40 PM)
But, they also all (except for Patrick) have said some things that I guess you could try to use as evidence that they have a thing for men

I have Never heard, seen or read any "evidence" of them being gay!

Hamish: Youd take Meg? Im on Jacks side. Well have to thumb-wrestle for it.
Ryan: Hes pretty cute.
Hamish: On those tight daks damn!

Rolling Stone:What would you want on your tombstone?

Craig: Craig Nicholls is a compulsive liar. I can't believe anybody took anything he said seriously. And there should be a statue of Dave Gahan without his shirt on, inscribed sleep in peace, my dark angel.

"I ride the snake" - Craig
^alright maybe thats not a gayism....but it made me spit my tea out when I read it

anyways its not any "evidence" its just what people use to try to prove they like the mens
girl with the golden touch 89
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 29 2005, 03:05 PM)

Craig: Craig Nicholls is a compulsive liar. I can't believe anybody took anything he said seriously. And there should be a statue of Dave Gahan without his shirt on, inscribed sleep in peace, my dark angel.
^alright maybe thats not a gayism....but it made me spit my tea out when I read it

anyways its not any "evidence" its just what people use to try to prove they like the mens

Ok well u prooved me wrong, I have read those interviews I can't believe i forgot what they said !

I don't think they're gay but they can probably just admit that a guy is hot or whatever.
Freaky_freak
QUOTE(glitteratiesque @ Mar 28 2005, 08:16 PM)
Strokes do, leaving me satisfied with a bunch of man-love photographs for keeps. Why don't the Vines??? mad.gif Bastards.

Doesn't Craig hug Patrick a lot? That's where I get my Vines babies hugs! laugh.gif

QUOTE(maryjane_33 @ Mar 28 2005, 08:44 PM)
Ya! Thats exactly what I think, I love it when things like that happpen, like Conor and then when Bert and Gerard Hug! I love it!

Do you have a pic? smile.gif Where do you get all your pictures?! smile.gif

QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 28 2005, 11:25 PM)
laugh.gif
Catholic school boys  wub.gif

yummy smile.gif ...I'm a Catholic school girl laugh.gif I find it so cute imagining Ryan and Craig in those uniforms!! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 29 2005, 04:05 AM)

That never fails to crack me up laugh.gif
marilyn_monroe
That picture of Albert kissing *ahemlickingahem* craig is soo funny! Craig is like turning away laugh.gif

Ride the snake....what the hell? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

@freakyfreak--aww they hug alot? Actually now that you mention it I recall in the New kings of Rock in Roll ...the little interview at the beginning, craig puts his arm around patrick <3
Feedums
QUOTE(6ix @ Mar 28 2005, 08:42 PM)
Well I once saw a picture of one of the Strokes guitar players kissing Craig in a dressing room and I thought, well you never know... and I heard Ryan and Craig were really close friends, and you know how that can turn out sometimes, experimenting and all. You just never know how these people really are...

I love you! tongue.gif
Ava Adore
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 29 2005, 03:05 PM)

when did he say that lol.. as in what context
glitteratiesque
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 29 2005, 08:05 AM)

<3333333333333333333 TO YOU AESTHETIC DAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(which interview did he say it in?)

Now I want you all to imagine Craig saying that with a blank/sleepy look on his face and in his usual half-assed tone.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
-talknerdytome-
QUOTE(stalkerchick_27 @ Mar 28 2005, 12:33 PM)
I going on what Publicly Displayed Name said I don't think they are gay and it's just rumors, so yeah.

I really like your sig stalkerchick....its just a little obsessive tho unsure.gif
little_washu712
QUOTE(Aesthetic_Dame @ Mar 28 2005, 11:05 PM)

ohmy.gif I always knew Ryan was the gay one!

6ix
Didn't Jim Morrison say something about riding the snake also? Or a serpant or something? Was he gay too? Geez Kurt Cobain said it all when he sang "every one is gay" biggrin.gif
maryjane_33
jim Morrison was not gay, he had like to wives
marilyn_monroe
I don't know why, but I really love this thread tongue.gif
6ix
QUOTE(maryjane_33 @ Mar 30 2005, 11:49 AM)
jim Morrison was not gay, he had like to wives

2 wives? Wow he really went overboard to cover it up... I guess back then it wasn't as cool as it is now tongue.gif
Freaky_freak
QUOTE(marilyn_monroe @ Mar 29 2005, 06:30 AM)
@freakyfreak--aww they hug alot?  Actually now that you mention it I recall in the New kings of Rock in Roll ...the little interview at the beginning, craig puts his arm around patrick <3

Well, I read an interview where PAtrick said something in an interview that made Craig laugh so Craig hugged him smile.gif By the wasy is there a pic of this New kings of rock n' roll thing? Or an article? smile.gif

QUOTE(little_washu712 @ Mar 29 2005, 10:58 PM)

ohmy.gif I always knew Ryan was the gay one!

laugh.gif

QUOTE(6ix @ Mar 30 2005, 03:46 PM)
Geez Kurt Cobain said it all when he sang "every one is gay"  biggrin.gif

I always hear that line for some reason laugh.gif laugh.gif
marilyn_monroe
It's actually a video clip...it has a short interview at the beginning...maybe you are thinking of the same thing...Pat made Craig laugh and Craig put his arm around him...kinda a side-hug laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure it's on that FTP server
Freaky_freak
QUOTE(marilyn_monroe @ Mar 30 2005, 06:36 PM)
It's actually a video clip...it has a short interview at the beginning...maybe you are thinking of the same thing...Pat made Craig laugh and Craig put his arm around him...kinda a side-hug laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure it's on that FTP server

I didn't watch a video. The ones I try to watch never work sad.gif Unlucky me... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif But the important thing is, they hugged! laugh.gif
Maxwell Demon
QUOTE(glitteratiesque @ Mar 29 2005, 11:01 AM)
<3333333333333333333 TO YOU AESTHETIC DAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(which interview did he say it in?)

Now I want you all to imagine Craig saying that with a blank/sleepy look on his face and in his usual half-assed tone.
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

SPIN
after he mentioned that he hisses like a snake and it scares him

he says something like "I ride the snake....isn't that what Jim Morrison said?"
allie9609
^ Yeah that's it.

"I'd found that there is creativity within a band's performance [as well as recording], and I wanted to expand on that," Nicholls says, cryptically justifying the destruction. "I don't want to put out this image as some crazy person. But, you know, sometimes I can hiss like a snake. I mean, literally, like a snake. I give myself a scare once in a while."
"What do you do when that happens?" I ask him.
"I ride the snake. That's what Jim Morrison said, right?"

It's not so much the quote "I ride the snake" that sounds gay when you put it into its right context. The thing that makes Craig seem a bit gay is the fact he was wearing a womans black silk blouse during the interview. I wish there was a pic of that somewhere biggrin.gif .
Before this thread was made I'd never even considered the possibility that The Vines were gay... hmmmm... interesting possibilities huh.gif tongue.gif .
marilyn_monroe
a women's silk blouse? HAHA oh my god that just made my day. I've never seen him wear female clothing before, might be an interesting sight. wink.gif
Freaky_freak
I once read an article where he was wearing some kind of woman's chinese blouse and it said in the article that the blouse he was wearing might be Dirty Harry's blouse since she was with Craig when he walked in. laugh.gif Or maybe I'm wrong. It's been a long time since I read that thing rolleyes.gif
allie9609
^ Yeah that's the one I was talking about smile.gif . The article was the SPIN one from last year.
Freaky_freak
QUOTE(marilyn_monroe @ Mar 31 2005, 01:53 PM)
a women's silk blouse? HAHA oh my god that just made my day.  I've never seen him wear female clothing before, might be an interesting sight. wink.gif

Maybe you have but it looks so good on him that it didn't look like a woman's silk blouse laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.